Embrace Time Management and Increase Efficiency
According to Psychology Today, “Time management is the ability to plan and control how someone spends the hours in a day to effectively accomplish their goals. This involves juggling time between the domains of life—work, home, social life, hobbies. It is important to establish clear goals and priorities in order to set aside non-essential tasks that can eat up time, and to monitor where the time actually goes.” (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/time-management)
Throughout my many years in management, I learned the value of embracing solid time management skills. In a world where we are being pulled in countless directions, we have to anchor ourselves so we can prioritize our tasks. If we do not prioritize we can literally spend an entire day doing little bits of everything and accomplishing nothing. How often has this happened to you?
Time management can be achieved but you have to invest a little time into learning the skills. Don’t try to do it all at once. Remember it takes 4 to 6 years to earn a bachelor’s degree. Now, this will not take as long but the point I am trying to make is that learning is achieved best when done slowly and thoroughly. Today I am going to share a few books that I have found priceless. A few of them, in their earlier versions, were actually used in several time management courses I successfully completed. Are you ready to embrace time management so you can increase efficiency?
|The New One Minute Manager
A new edition based on the timeless business classic—updated to help today’s readers succeed more quickly in a rapidly changing world. For decades, The One Minute Manager® has helped millions achieve more successful professional and personal lives. While the principles it lays out are timeless, our world has changed drastically since the book’s publication. The exponential rise of technology, global flattening of markets, instant communication, and pressures on corporate workforces to do more with less—including resources, funding, and staff—have all revolutionized the world in which we live and work.
Now, Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson have written The New One Minute Manager to introduce the book’s powerful, important lessons to a new generation. In their concise, easy-to-read story, they teach readers three very practical secrets about leading others—and explain why these techniques continue to work so well.
As compelling today as the original was thirty years ago, this classic parable of a young man looking for an effective manager is more relevant and useful than ever.
|15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management
Double Your Productivity Without Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed. What if a few new habits could dramatically increase your productivity, and even 5x or 10x it in key areas? What if you could get an hour a day to read, exercise, or to spend with your family.
New York Times bestselling author, Kevin Kruse, presents the remarkable findings of his study of ultra-productive people. Based on survey research and interviews with billionaires, Olympic athletes, straight-A students, and over 200 entrepreneurs—-including Mark Cuban, Kevin Harrington, James Altucher, John Lee Dumas, Pat Flynn, Grant Cardone, and Lewis Howes—-Kruse answers the question: what are the secrets to extreme productivity? In this book, you’ll learn:
- Why millionaires don’t use to-do lists (and what they DO use)
- How to cure procrastination with the “Time Travel” trick
- How the Harvard “DDR Questions” save 8 hours a week
- How to identify your REAL priorities
- How to get to zero emails in your inbox using 321Zero
- How the simple E-3C system will double your productivity
- How to reduce stress with the Richard Branson Tool
- How to leave work at 5:00 without feeling guilty
- How to run meetings like Apple, Google & Virgin
- How to conquer social media distractions
- BONUS: QUIZ – Discover Your Time Personality
- BONUS: 100+ Time Management Quotes
|The 4-Hour Workweek
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint. This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
- How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
- How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
- More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
- Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
- How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
- The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
|Getting Things Done: the art of stress-free productivity
Since it was first published almost fifteen years ago, David Allen’s Getting Things Done has become one of the most influential business books of its era, and the ultimate book on personal organization. “GTD” is now shorthand for an entire way of approaching professional and personal tasks, and has spawned an entire culture of websites, organizational tools, seminars, and offshoots. Allen has rewritten the book from start to finish, tweaking his classic text with important perspectives on the new workplace, and adding material that will make the book fresh and relevant for years to come. This new edition of Getting Things Done will be welcomed not only by its hundreds of thousands of existing fans but also by a whole new generation eager to adopt its proven principles.
|Cluttered Mess to Organized Success Workbook
Organize your life: Do you dream of getting organized, but have no idea where to start? Cluttered Mess to Organized Success: Declutter and Organize Your Home and Life with over 100 Checklists and Worksheets offers you everything you need to organize your home, family and your time. This book not only provides helpful tips and advice, but it is jam-packed with over 100 worksheets, forms, labels, schedules and everything else you need to organize your life.
Declutter your way to happiness: Cassandra Aarssen is a Professional Organizer and creator of the successful blog and YouTube channel, ClutterBug. After struggling for years with chaos and clutter, Cassandra transformed her home and her life through organization. She now shares her favorite organizing tips, tricks, and secrets in order to help others declutter their way to happiness. Cassandra’s debut book, Real Life Organizing has been inspiring families from all over the world to get control of their clutter and fall in love with their home all over again.