Recipe: Grain Free Peach Cobbler
If you've recently converted to a gluten-free or paleo lifestyle, you may have found a few of your favorite "comfort" foods a tad more difficult to create. We spent a couple of years in Georgia, near a peach farm and restaurant, which served some the best fresh peach cobbler and ice cream you would probably ever have the pleasure of eating. However, we know that it was full of processed sugars and other potentially harmful ingredients. Having tried quite a few gluten-free and/or paleo recipes, we could not come up with one that reminded us of the fresh peach cobbler we had in Georgia. So, after a lot of trial and error we came up with this recipe and we feel it is so close to what we experienced we had to share with all of you. We hope you enjoy!
- Mix all filling ingredients together in a large pot and heat on medium until well combined and peaches are warm.
- Pour filling into a rectangular, 3 quart, baking dish (glass works best for this dish). You can line with parchment paper or grease with palm shortening or coconut oil.
- Mix dry topping ingredients together. Then add eggs, mix thoroughly, then add remaining wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon topping over filling. Be sure to get topping into each corners and some of the edges. The topping will not full cover the filling and that is okay.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30-40 minutes. You want it to be nice and bubbly and the topping lightly browned.