Purium has over 50 different superfoods and these are just a few products that you should not use, or use caution if considering the use of, during pregnancy or while breastfeeding/nursing:
**Do Not Use Products:
- SuperLife Formula
- More Greens
- Super CleansR
- White American Ginseng
- LOV SuperMeals
- Aloe Digest label says “do not use”
- Kids Immune Shield label says “do not use”
- Kids In Focus label says “do not use”
- Bee Energetic (ginseng)
- Control Pre-Meal Capsules (ginseng)
- Vir-U-Sure (neem, see alternatives here: Pregnancy & Immune Function Support)
- Immuno-Max (see alternatives here: Pregnancy & Immune Function Support)
Note the following CAUTIONS:
- 40x Aloe Vera (caution on label)
- Can’t Beet This! (contains small amount of naturally occurring caffeine)
- Super Aminos (caution on label and while extremely rare, some individuals experience an increase in blood pressure associated with aminos, if your BP rises stop using this product)
- Ionic Elements (caution on label)
- Joint Flex (just note it does contain shellfish)
- MVP Sport (caution on label)
- Revive It All (just note it does contain gluten)
- Women’s Defense (just note it contains soy and gluten)
- Bio Regen (due to aloe vera)
- Super Xanthin
- Chlorella (talk to your health professional, just to be safe)
- Daily Fiber (detox concerns)
- Hair, Skin, and Nails
Additional notes for your information/reference:
*Superlife Formula* is not advised for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
*More Greens* is not advised for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
*Super cleansR* herbal parasite cleanse would not be good for you or your baby and not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
**American Ginseng* is POSSIBLY UNSAFE in pregnancy. Do not take American Ginseng if you are pregnant. There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking American Ginseng if you are breast feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
*LOV SuperMeal* contains flax seed. Human evidence of medical use of flax seed during pregnancy and lactation is limited. Please consult a medical professional before use as studies show flax seed could have an effect on hormone levels.
Purium Blog Post worth reading: 10 Purium Favorites for New Mothers